Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

This Easter was particularly meaningful to me. I reflected on the Saviors life more deeply than I had before. I thought about the places that he would have been during his last week as well as the teachings. There is one place that I thought about more than anywhere else...
When I was in Jerusalem, I would go to the Garden Tomb each Sabbath. I would read and ponder about his life and teachings, but most importantly his resurrection. It was an amazing experience to sit on those sacred grounds and reflect on his resurrection. 

Ryan and I had the wonderful opportunity to be apart of the Easter Pageant this year. It was a great experience for me to be able to reflect on the Saviors life each night as I listened to the pageant as well as testify of him to the people in the audience. Even though it was very busy, I am going to miss going to the Easter Pageant each night. We made some amazing friends while we created lasting memories.
This little girl, Jessica, was in our family group. She became my BEST FRIEND at the pageant. We had so much fun talking and playing together each night. She would make me laugh so hard at the things she would say...

Jessica: "Mom, does he (Ryan) put something on his teeth for the Easter Pageant to make him smile? He smiles a lot."
Me: (laughing) "No he normally smiles that much."
Jessica: "It looks like it hurts!"

And that was just ONE example of the funny things she would say! I love her so much and the rest of my Easter Pageant Family!!

Ryan and I had a wonderful Easter Sunday. I woke up Sunday morning to breakfast in bed. Ryan was so sweet! Then we went to a wonderful church meeting. After church Ryan and I hid our Easter baskets from each other....Ryan had a little trouble finding his!
After we found our baskets, we went to my parents house for a YUMMY dinner! Then we went to the Jacksons for a little fun and games! The Jacksons have a fun tradition of hiding the Easter baskets. JC hid the Easter baskets AMAZINGLY WELL this year. It took us so long to find them!! All of them were in black trash bags so they blended in with the outside environment. Mine and Ryan's was in a flower pot covered with soil, Cami's was in the Chlorine, Hannah's was in the vines under a trash can lid, and Brooke's was in the trash can. It was a lot of fun looking for them. 
We all got fun toys inside our baskets including squirt guns, a football, kites, clothes...etc. We had a good water war before coloring our eggs!
It was a perfect Easter filled with lots of fun, laughter, and family!!!

2 comments: