Friday, April 22, 2011

Catching Up...


I know, I know....I need to get better at updating my blog quicker. 
I am a beginner at the blog world, so it takes me a little more time to figure things out. 

Ryan and I have been having a lot of fun these past couple of months visiting a few places. Here are a few things we did....

California Trip

In March, we went with the Jackson family to California for Spring Break!
 It was a lot of fun visiting Brik, Ash, and Trey as well as seeing the sights!

Aquarium of the Pacific

The first day we were in California we went to the Aquarium of the Pacific. It is the most amazing place! I loved watching the sea lions, sharks, and otters! We had a great time!

Disneyland


We had a lot of fun playing all day at Disneyland, even though the lines were a little long. It definitely is one of the "happiest places on earth"!

Beach Day

We spent a wonderful afternoon at the California Beach! It isn't a California trip until you make it to the beach!

So You Think You Can Dance

Ashley scored AMAZING tickets to the "So You THink You Can Dance" audition show. It was the first time they have had an audience doing auditions. We saw a lot of TALENTED dancers as well as a few interesting ones. Also, we saw a few famous dancers from past seasons, including Twitch, Charity, Aday, Lauren, and the list goes on. There was about 15 of the best of the best in the audience watching the auditions with us. They were so fun to be around. I got to talk with Lauren, who won last year, for a little while we were in line for the bathroom. Great place to meet right?

Lunch at Corner Bakery

I loved this little bakery! It had the most amazing sandwiches and cookies!! MMMMmmm!

Griffith Observatory

We went to the Griffith Observatory too! It was a really cool building that had a lot of information about the plants and stars as well as some amazing telescopes. After we finished our tour of the place, Ryan, Cami, and I decided to take a "fun walk" down the hill. It was quite an adventure because we got a little lost and the walk turned into more of a hike. 

It was a fun trip to California with the family! I enjoyed being able to get to know Jacksons a little more and creating lasting memories! Thanks Ash, Brik, and Trey for showing us the sites and making our California trip a blast!!


Utah Trip

Last year for Christmas Ryan gave me one round trip ticket to visit my Jerusalem friends in Utah. It was the best present ever! I went to Utah on a Wednesday to play with the girls while Ryan went to his medical school interview in Pomona, California, and then he met me in Utah on Friday. It was so fun to see my Jerusalem friends again and reminisce on our days in the Holy Land. We had a blast eating out, staying up late to talk, playing April Fools jokes, and laughing until our stomachs hurt!

A few of the girls and I went to the most AMAZING desert place called The Chocolate. If you live in Provo and you haven't been then it is a MUST! the poozokies are DELICIOUS!!
I was also able to see some of the Mesa girls too! It was fun to see their place and catch up with them. Ryan and I finished our week watching conference with my cousins. It was good to see family and listen to the words of the prophet! I LOVE General Conference!! On the way home, we drove with Brig and Emily Nicol (one of my best friends). It was fun to be able to spend time with them! They are such a cute, fun couple!!

Thank you everyone for an amazing week in Provo! 


3 comments:

  1. ya! Thanks for driving with us :) we sure enjoyed it!! Love your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not quite sure how I missed this post! hahaha oh april fools jokes! love love love! I loved seeing you! I need to call you soon and get an update on the pageant and everything else in your life! love you! xoxo I also love your easter post!
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I finally am following your blog! I love this so much, it reminds me of our late night talks in the Jerusalem Center on a daily basis and so many good times. Love you Kels!

    ReplyDelete